People usually ask me for what should they eat as the word healthy limits the eating options to recipe like poha, soybean and boiled vegetables.
So here is an interesting recipe which you can enjoy and stay fit.
Broccoli Bajra Paratha
This paratha is a small variation to the traditional parathas. Instead of stuffing the vegetables inside rolled out rotis, we grind the vegetable into a smooth paste and add the paste to the Bajra while kneading the dough
Because Broccoli is a good negative calorie food it will help you to reduce your body fat. It is definitely a healthy food and an easier way to eat the vegetables
- Bajra Flour – 1 cup
- Broccoli – 1 bunch
- Onion – 1/2 (minced)
- Garlic – 1 clove (minced)
- Green chillies – 2
- Garam masala – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Carom seeds or bishop’s weed (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt according to taste
- Coconut Oil
1. Wash the broccoli and cut into florets.
2. Bring some water to boil and add app. 10 florets to it with some salt.
3. After 2 minutes remove the florets and grind it into a fine paste with turmeric powder, garam masala and green chillies.
4. In a mixing bowl add Bajra flour, the ground mixture, some minced onions, garlic, carom seeds and salt.
5. Knead it like chappatti with required water.
6. At this stage you can let the dough rest for some time.
7. Make small balls similar to chappatti. Roll out each ball similar to making
8. Heat a griddle and put the paratha on it. Pour few drops of coconut oil on top. Cook till both sides are browned. Serve with pickle, curd or some spicy gravy.